DP Revalidation Course
The DP revalidation process has now been updated to be an online only application.
This means that the revalidation of your documents will be based on the uploaded scans and the new DP Card certificate will then be sent out from our office.
Please be aware that the PDF Checklist will not show for any revalidation application as this will be done on the checkout page when applying.
You will not need to send your documents into our office unless specifically requested to do so.
Please note that these changes will apply only to those who have completed the declaration on the checkout page when applying.
If you applied before these changes, you will still need to send your documents into our office for processing.
A Limited or Unlimited Dynamic Positioning certificate can be revalidated providing you meet one of the following criteria:
- Complete a minimum of 150 DP sea time days done within a period of 5 years or
- If the DPO has less than 150 DP sea time days within the preceding 5 years, complete a DP Simulator Course followed by a minimum of 30 DP sea time days on a DP classed vessel or
- If no DP sea time days were obtained within the preceding 5 years, complete a DP Simulator Course followed by a minimum of 60 DP sea time days on a DP classed vessel or
- If no DP sea time days were obtained within the preceding 5 years, complete a DP Revalidation Course (see note).
- If the DP professional has been engaged in an occupation The Nautical Institute considers as being equivalent to the sea service (i.e. DP lecturer/instructor, DP surveyor, DP consultant, DP auditor, DP superintendent, DP supervisor), revalidation of his/her DP certificate will require a minimum of 150 days in the activity claimed in the preceding 5 years.
Minimum Entry Qualification Requirements:
The minimum entry requirement is a DPO Certificate issued by the NI. The original DPO Certificate should be presented at the DP Centre where the Revalidation Course is completed.
The Revalidation Course may be completed up to six months before the revalidation date set by the NI. The course will be valid for a period of 12 months only, in which the DPO must apply to the NI. If the participant is completing the course for the first time, there is no minimum DP sea time requirement. If the participant is completing the course for a second or subsequent time, a minimum of 28 DP sea time days will be required to revalidate.
This DP time may be completed before or after the Revalidation Course. Where a participant subsequently revalidates after taking the course by the completion of the full sea time requirement of 150 DP sea time days that participant can then take the Revalidation Course again without a DP sea time requirement.
Legacy and Grandfathered certificate holders will be able to take the course to revalidate until 31st December 2019. After this date, previous Legacy and Grandfathered certificate holders will need to complete DP sea time days towards revalidation.
Number of participant:
Kongsberg “Polaris” full mission bridge, DP K-POS ver.7.0
Registration for this course is carried out:
in 109 office,
on phone: 00380 67 487 0605
Required Course Documents: